One of the great problems of many families when traveling is the dizziness that many minors often suffer. There are many children who, when traveling and staying inside a car for a few hours, suffer great discomfort in their body, becoming seriously upset and vomiting. If it happens to you quite often with your children, do not worry because then we will explain why this happens and how to avoid them getting dizzy continuously.
MOTION SICKNESS IN CHILDREN
Motion sickness is also known as motion sickness and is a balance disorder produced by movement to travel whether by car or boat. This dizziness occurs when the person is completely still but everything moves around him. Dizziness most often affects children between the ages of two and twelve. After that age, they no longer tend to get dizzy as often. If your child tends to get dizzy every time you go on a trip, don’t miss any detail and take good note of a series of tips that will make the trip more enjoyable.
TIPS TO PREVENT MOTION SICKNESS IN CHILDREN
– Once the car starts to move, the child must keep his eyes fixed on the horizon for as long as possible.
– You should avoid reading, watching the Tablet or drawing since these activities promote dizziness and the child suffers from significant discomfort. If you keep your eyes fixed for a few minutes and suddenly look out, you will probably get dizzy.
– Eating in a copious way can cause digestive problems and discomfort that promotes dizziness. If the trip is long, it is advisable for the child to eat lightly.
– The interior of the vehicle must be at a comfortable temperature so that the child feels as comfortable as possible. Excess heat makes the feeling of dizziness appear much earlier.
– Driving by the father or mother should be as smooth as possible, sudden accelerations and braking do not favor the child’s good condition at all and make them dizzy more easily.
– If despite all these tips, the child ends up getting dizzy, it is good to open all the windows so that as much outside air as possible enters. If necessary, it would be necessary to stop for a few minutes so that the minor could get out of the car and walk to recover. In the case of drugs, it is necessary to avoid them and only go to them in case of urgent need . Before administering them, it is advisable to go to the pediatrician to prescribe those that he considers appropriate. The problem with these drugs is that they tend to have numerous side effects and in some cases it tends to worsen the child’s condition.
– It is good to carry bags in the car in case the little one vomits and avoid staining the car. If the child is very prone to travel sickness, it is advisable to bring a change of clothes in case they vomit inside the car .
There are many children who get dizzy when making a trip, be it by train, car or boat. For these cases it is best to follow all the above tips and try to have a pleasant trip. In most cases, these dizziness tend to pass over the years and in adolescence they no longer usually show dizziness when traveling.