Ketosis is a process that occurs in the body of children when they have a lack of sugar, and they get sick of acetone, these foods help to recover.
The ketosis is not a disease and therefore should not be considered as such and should not create a great alarm when it manifests in children. This is still a defense mechanism of their own body to combat a drop in blood sugar . Normally, it is not something that appears by itself, but is usually a side effect of some other disease that includes some imbalance in the input of nutrients.
The symptoms of ketosis in children have one characteristic above the rest: the breath. When a child suffers from acetone, their breath takes on an unpleasant odor as if it were a rotten fruit. Afterward, ketosis may be accompanied by other symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dizziness, and an almost constant feeling of tiredness. Before making any decision, it will be necessary to see a doctor in case ketosis appears as a symptom of a disease that must be taken into account.
5 FOODS TO COMBAT KETOSIS OR ACETONE IN CHILDREN
When a child is told that he has ketosis, as when any stomach disease appears, the specialists put him on a special diet that seeks to restore your health as soon as possible. In addition, in this case, it must be taken into account that there is a drop in sugar levels, so it will be necessary to include foods that are rich in it.
Still, it cannot be generalized to all children as some may be diabetic and therefore have ketosis. In those cases, the best thing to do is go to the doctor and let him be the one in charge of putting him on a specific diet according to the disease he suffers.
1. Homemade serum . To help the stomach stabilize, it will be necessary for children to drink this drink that can be prepared at home. To do this, you will have to add water, lemon juice , sugar and a pinch of salt. Apart from solving stomach problems, sugar levels will be increased , thus solving glucose problems.
2. Sugary cola soda . This drink will help restore sugar levels. You have to be careful when drinking because having gas can cause more damage to the stomach if not taken carefully. Therefore, it will have to be taken sip by sip for the effect to be the one we want. This drink has in its favor that children are attracted to it and it will be easy for them to agree to drink it.
3. Juices. For the same function that sugary cola has, you can use fruit juices that contain a high content of sugars from the fruit. Although they are recommended, do not forget to go to the doctor to ask what are the most suitable fruits. Give them in small sips every 5-10 minutes so they do not cause vomiting.
4. Carbohydrates. When a child has vomiting among his main symptoms of ketosis, he should eat a higher amount of this nutrient. Some foods like potatoes , rice or pasta are rich in carbohydrates and it is not difficult to convince children to eat them. Little by little you will notice the difference, although you should not abuse them .
5. Skim dairy. These are indicated for when the vomiting is disappearing. You can take them in the format you prefer, be it milk or yogurt , for example. You must be careful not to ingest them too quickly, or in large quantities. The body has to adapt little by little.
Dr. Tabriella Perivolaris, Sara's mother and fan of fashion, beauty, motherhood, among others, about the female universe. Since 2018 she has been working as a copywriter, always bringing to her articles a little of her experience and experience as a mother and woman.